By Debby: Happy New Year! 2017 has already started and normal life is back in full swing. All the holidays are over and I hope you had a nice time. I do! But I also need some 'normal' food again.
Of course I fully enjoyed all the goodies, but it is nice that it remains exclusive. And the children don't like elaborate dining with complicated dishes either.
Nice create with fish taco ’ s
No, this is something that suits them better. There is a lot of vegetables in it, but because it is pretty sweet, it is easy. It is of course also great fun to fill your shell yourself.
In any case, it is of course very good to eat fish more often. Cod is a very friend in that respect because it is quite neutral in terms of taste. Certainly in such a crispy crust, it is already more attractive for children!
What do you need?
For 2 adults and 2 children:
- 2 peppers (red, yellow or orange)
- 1 onion
- 1 big can of corn
- 1 can of tomato cubes
- 1/4 Krop iceberg lettuce
- 500 grams of cod (fresh or freezer)
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs
- pepper and salt
- sunflower oil
- Tacoschelpen (Santa Maria)
How do you proceed?
- Chop the onion and cut the pepper ’ s into cubes. Cut the lettuce into thin strips.
- Heat a large frying pan with some oil and fry the onion.
- Add the bell pepper and let it fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add the corn and tomatoes and let it simmer gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the tacos according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the fish into pieces and pat dry well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and paprika powder.
- Prepare 3 deep plates with flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Dip the pieces of fish in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs one after the other.
- Fry them in a frying pan with some sunflower oil for 5-8 minutes until golden brown and done. This is also possible in the Airfryer (5 minutes at 180 degrees)
- Serve the tacos with the vegetables, the fish and some iceberg lettuce.
This article was written by Debbie Bodewes. You can find more from Debbie on her blog Deb's Bakery & Kitchen.
♥ ♥ ♥ Affiliate links are used on Fulltime Mama. This means that if you click on one of the links, we may receive a small commission. It costs you nothing extra, but it does give us something. With these proceeds we can maintain this website. We also sometimes get paid for an article or we get a product in exchange for a blog post.
Our opinion therefore remains unchanged and honest. For more information you can read the disclaimer. ♥ ♥ ♥